Monday, July 7, 2008

25mm Rules for a wondeful game... Here we go again...

So, last month I had the pleasure of playing a wonderful game with Dan Wing. Of course, we did play Heroscape. I think I won that game. But we also played with my new 25mm figures. Well, as with every single game that I have made up, I lost. Repeatedly. It really frustrated me. I mean, I was really happy that Dan won so many times, and he was so happy that he found a whole website that reviews plastic soldiers. I believe it is called "plastic soldier review." I could put it in the notes, and probably will someday, but you can just google "plastic soldier review" and find it anyway. But, I decided to make the game that I had played with Dan even better. This involved, of course, re-vamping the rules and re-basing the characters. I did like the game that Dan and I played, and I want to play that one again, but.. well.. I like the game I just developed even more, if you can imagine that...

So, this blog will represent a concerted effort to get the news about this game out to the public, especially to my gaming friends. That's what it's here for, and that's what my current hobby time is going to be used for, primarily.

So, enjoy the pics, enjoy the (short) examples... and tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Dan Wing said...

I would have enjoyed the game even if I had lost. I look forward to playing a new edition of it as well.
Hey I found another site that you can buy molds from. They are of Napoleonic figures 25mm and intended to make your own metal soldiers. I bought all their British soldier stuff. I have yet to make anything (waiting for more tools and funds), but I am excited. Now I can make as many figures as I want of the poses I like. I even have a 6 lb. cannon. Prince August I think is what it is called they are based in Ireland. I'll let you know how things turn out. Probably be a month or so before I get to do it. Looking forward to it though.

Pastor Mueller said...

Awesome! I'm looking forward to it! BTW, I'll make sure to clue you in on how to base the guys when you make them and paint them... I'm going to go to the site you mentioned right now... :)